Once in a while someone will ask about the specifics of software/hardware/services I use to develop with.
This page serves as a living document of those items.
Editor + Terminal
- Visual Studio Code is my main editor right now. I am also a fan of Atom & Sublime Text 3.
- My current theme for VSCode is Cobalt2 with Operator Mono.
- iTerm2 V3 is my terminal, however anything project specific I find myself using the built in terminal in VSCode.
- I utilize Treehouse a lot for continuing education.
- For web design I use Sketch.
- Password Manager is 1Password and highly recommend it to anyone. LastPass is also a great alternative.
- Git client is Tower.
- Unclutter is a really neat one I get a lot of use out of. Any quick notes I have I put there and sync with Dropbox.
- I maintain backups utilizing time machine with a local HDD, along with Backblaze for my entire hard drive.
- Right now I run dual 24” moniters from Acer.
- My development computer is a 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5 - 13” MacBook Pro (Early 2015) with 16GB Memory. This sits clamshelled on the side of my desk in a vertical HengeDock.
Hosting / Domains
- Hosting is primarily done with DigitalOcean. I use ServerPilot to manage them.
- I really enjoy using Namecheap and can’t recommend them enough, however, I still have a handful over at GoDaddy.